Marine Corps to Fitness Model

From chasing the bad guy to gracing the stage, Tara Thatcher, has turned fitness into a lifestyle. Find out how this inspirational woman made the switch from the Marine Corps to fitness modeling and what both have taught her about being fit.
Womens Ab Workout: TELL US MORE ABOUT YOURSELF. WHO ARE YOU?
My name is Tara Thatcher. I am an athlete, woman, fiance, daughter, and friend. How long have you been training and what are your goals and aspirations in the fitness industry? I have been training seriously since ’04, and next year will mark five years of competing for me!  My goals include being a strong, positive role model to other women, and taking my competing to the highest level that I can!
WAW: YOU JOINED THE MARINE CORPS AFTER COLLEGE AND WERE FIRST INTRODUCED TO LIFTING WEIGHTS THERE. HOW DO YOU GO FROM CHASING THE BAD GUY TO GRACING THE STAGE IN 5 INCH HEELS? WHAT WAS YOUR MOTIVATION TO START COMPETING? HOW DID YOU DECIDE WHAT DIVISION YOU WANTED TO COMPETE IN?
LOL!  I started lifting weights so I could be stronger, and faster when I was chasing the bad guys!  I was working as a personal trainer at Ballys many years ago, and a fellow trainer took me to a local NPC bodybuilding show.  She asked me if I had ever thought of competing, and I decided after watching the figure ladies on the stage, that that was my next challenge!  I went from wanting to compete once, to really loving the industry and wanting to be involved in National level competitions!  My motivation is challenge. Tell me I can’t do something, and I will prove you wrong!!!
WAW: TRAINING FOR A FIGURE OR BIKINI SHOW REQUIRES A LOT OF DEDICATION TO A WORKOUT THAT WORKS – AND YOU’VE FOUND ONE – AS APPARENT BY YOUR PICTURES! WHAT DOES YOUR WORKOUT LOOK LIKE? DOESI T CHANGE AS YOU GET CLOSER TO SHOW DATE?
I agree! Thank you.  I work with a trainer, Shawn Myzska out of Explosive Edge Athletics, and he is wonderful about switching up my training every few weeks, so that we continue to see the results that we are striving for.  I lift 3 times per week, Day one is chest, shoulders, and triceps, Day two is back and biceps, Day three is LEG DAY!  I add cardio as needed, and will do more as a show gets closer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...